Features and capabilities
The Panorama Factory provides a rich set of features:
Easy to use:
- Runs on Windows and Mac.
- A Wizard helps you create new stitching projects with just a few mouse clicks.
- Automatic detection of focal length.
- Detection of camera rotation and tilt.
- Easy rotation of imported images.
- Includes a library of over 800 digital camera models including digital
- Available in Catalan, Chinese-Simplified†,
Chinese-Traditional†, Czech, Dutch, English,
French, German, Hungarian, Italian,
Japanese†, Norwegian-Bokmal (63%*), Polish,
Russian, Slovak (81%*), Spanish (98%*), Turkish. Online help is "bilingual"
(commands, buttons, etc. in the
local language with explanations in English).
* Other translations are 100% complete.
† Chinese and Japanese language translations require the x64, m32 or Mac Edition.
- Lets you save user preferences for all applicable dialogs.
Attention to image-quality issues:
- Includes automatic and manual "de-ghosting" tools.
- Automatically or manually correct barrel distortion and brightness
Support for immersive virtual reality:
- Output to QTVR, IVR, PTViewer or HTML image map format.
- Use hotspots to create virtual tours by hyperlinking from one VR image to
- Import existing VR images in order to edit and re-export them in other
- Create web pages from pre-defined templates or templates you create
- Create thumbnail index web pages.
True full color support:
- Accepts 24-bit and 45-bit color images (15 bits each for red, green and blue).
- Supports color managed workflows including conversion to working color
- Reads and writes Windows BMP, JPEG, TIFF and PNG images.
- Exports to layered Photoshop image format.
- Optionally maintains full 45-bit data until final image output at 24-bits.
- Can work from positive or negative images.
- Includes a convenient and intuitive color correction tool.
- Trims images from negative strips with a semi-automatic corner finding tool.
Fast, high-quality image processing engine:
- Focal-length refinement.
- Image overlap from 1-99%.
- Automatic image alignment with manual override.
- Bicubic image sampling is used to maintain image quality.
- Image rescaling with Lanczos2 filtering – perfect for creating thumbnail
- Multi-threaded execution on multi-processor systems, including multi-core
systems (requires Windows XP, 2003, Vista or 7; or Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6).
- 64-bit processor support (requires the x64 Edition of Windows XP, 2003, Vista
- Batch processing version available for bulk panorama renderings.
- Printable user guide in PDF format.
- Troubleshooting guide and frequently asked questions.
- Comprehensive online help pages.
- Dedicated support forum.
- Free updates for minor versions (e.g.: V5.1 is a free update
for owners of V5.0.)
- Allows you to change intermediate images without starting over.
- Enables archival storage with reduced disk space.
Several of these features make The Panorama Factory a natural complement to film
(negative and slide) scanners. In fact, even if you never use its panoramic stitcher, The
Panorama Factory is great for extracting and color correcting frames from negative strips.