In cubic projection, the image is mapped onto the inside of a cube and then the cube is unfolded. Straight lines remain straight except where they cross from one cube face to another. The QTVR cubic format is the one used by QuickTime. The 6 cube faces are arranged along a horizontal line.
· The Panorama Factory can convert to and from this format.
· Suitable for full circle panoramas but gives surprising results for partial panoramas.
· Poor for image processing because of discontinuous faces.
· Exports to cubic QTVR format.
· Does not export to PTViewer format.
· Generally unsuitable for printing because of discontinuous faces.