In cubic projection, the image is mapped onto the inside of a cube and then the cube is unfolded. Straight lines remain straight except where they cross from one cube face to another. The “native” Panorama Factory cubic format behaves well within the application when resized, sharpened, etc., but at the expense of duplicating portions of the top and bottom cube faces.
· The Panorama Factory can convert to and from this format
· Good for image processing--resize, sharpen, etc.
· Suitable for full circle panoramas but gives surprising results for partial panoramas.
· Exports to cubic QTVR format
· Does not export to PTViewer format
· Generally unsuitable for printing because of strangeness in top and bottom faces