In cubic projection, the image is mapped onto the inside of a cube. Straight lines remain straight except where they cross from one cube face to another. The curciform cubic format arranges the 6 cube faces in a cross shape as though the cube was simply unfolded.
· The Panorama Factory can convert to and from this format.
· Suitable for full circle panoramas but can give surprising results for partial panoramas between 270 and 360 degrees..
· Poor for image processing because of discontinuous faces.
· Exports to cubic QTVR format.
· Does not export to PTViewer format.
· Makes more intuitive sense than the other cubic format.
· Can be suitable for printing as a special effect.