The Panorama Factory provides a rich set of features:
Easy to use:
· A Wizard helps you stitch your photos with just a few mouse clicks.
· Automatic detection of focal length.
· Detection of camera rotation and tilt.
· Easy rotation of imported images.
· Includes a library of over 800 digital camera models including digital SLRs.
Localized versions for Catalan, Chinese-Simplified†,
Chinese-Traditional†, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German,
Hungarian, Italian, Japanese†, Norwegian-Bokmal (63%*), Polish,
Russian, Slovak (81%*), Spanish (98%*), Turkish (24%*). Online help
is "bilingual" (commands, buttons, etc. in the local language with
explanations in English).
* Translation percent complete as of March 3, 2009. Others are 100% complete.
† The Chinese and Japanese language versions require the x64, m32 or Mac Edition.
· Lets you save user preferences for all applicable dialog boxes.
Attention to image-quality issues:
· Includes automatic and manual “de-ghosting” tools.
· Automatically or manually correct barrel distortion and brightness falloff.
Support for immersive virtual reality:
· Output to QTVR, IVR, PTViewer or HTML image map format.
· Use hotspots to create virtual tours by hyperlinking from one VR image to another.
· Import existing VR images in order to edit and re-export them in other formats.
· Create web pages from pre-defined templates or templates you create yourself.
· Create thumbnail index web pages.
True full color support:
· Accepts up to 45-bit color images (15 bits each for red, green and blue).
· Supports color managed workflows including conversion to working color space.
· Reads and writes Windows BMP, JPEG, TIFF and PNG images.
· Exports to layered Photoshop image format.
· Optionally maintains full 45-bit data until final image output at 24-bits.
· Can work from positive or negative images.
· Includes a convenient and intuitive color correction tool.
· Trims images from negative strips with a semi-automatic corner finding tool.
Fast, high-quality image processing engine:
· Focal-length refinement.
· Image overlap from 1-99%.
· Automatic image alignment with manual override.
· Bicubic image sampling is used to maintain image quality.
· Image rescaling with Lanczos2 filtering – perfect for creating thumbnail images.
· Multi-threaded execution on multi-processor systems (including multi-core systems).
· 64-bit processor support for the x64 Edition of Windows XP, 2003, Vista or 7.
· Batch processing version available for bulk panorama renderings.
· Printable user guide in PDF format.
· Troubleshooting guide and frequently asked questions.
· Comprehensive online help pages.
· Dedicated support forum.
· Free updates for minor versions (e.g.: V5.2 is a free update for owners of V5.0 and V5.1).
· Allows you to change intermediate images without starting over.
· Enables archival storage with reduced disk space.