|Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 11:24 am: |
I would like to add a copyright watermark to my qtvrs created with panorama factory. Is there any way to do this either within PF or using a third party program? (win compatable).
|Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 3:20 pm: |
Unfortunately, this capability does not exist within The Panorama Factory because its watermarking function is inextricably linked to the registration key checking.
Happily, there is a workaround that can be used with The Panorama Factory V3, but you have to step outside the Wizard to do it.
1. After creating your panorama, exit the Wizard with the Done button.
2. Double-click the thumbnail for the cropped image and then save it to a file using the Save current image as command (File menu), preferably in a lossless format--BMP, TIF or PNG.
3. Before leaving The Panorama Factory, right-click the cropped image and select the Properties command. Write down the HFOV value and note whether Spherical or Cylindrical is selected (it should be Cylindrical for QTVR and Spherical for PTViewer). You'll need these settings later.
4. Use your favorite image processing software (e.g. Photoshop) to apply the watermark and save as BMP, TIF or PNG.
5. Restart The Panorama Factory and dismiss the Wizard. You'll be using menu commands (the Classic interface).
6. Import the watermarked image back into The Panorama Factory with the Import command (File menu).
7. Double-click the imported thumbnail and apply the Properties command (as in step 3). Select "This is a panoramic image"; enter the HFOV value; and select either Spherical or Cylindrical. The VFOV value will be computed automatically.
8. Apply the Resize command (New image menu) if you want to specify a different image size.
9. I recommend applying the Enhance command (New image menu) to sharpen the image a little (this is done automatically when you use the Wizard).
10. Double-click the thumbnail for the final image and use the Save as command (File menu) to save the image to your chosen format (QTVR, PTViewer, etc).
Note: It is best to apply the watermark to the cropped image, resizing only after importing it back into The Panorama Factory. Although it is also possible to resize first and apply the watermark to the resized image afterward, this may produce a slightly lower quality result when you save the final image.