|Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2001 - 2:52 pm: |
I have just downloaded pf1p6.exe, to be installed under Windows ME (Norwegian version), but during installation I got the following error message & aborted installation.
"An error occured during the move data process: -113 Component: FileGroup: File: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\~WZS143F.TMP\data1.cab
|Posted on Monday, August 06, 2001 - 8:02 am: |
There is a workaround for this problem if you have the WinZip application (available from WinZip Computing Inc.).
1. Run WinZip. You'll have to use the classic mode, so if you normally run the Wizard, select the WinZip Classic button.
2. Use the Open Archive command (File menu) to open the Panorama Factory installation package pf1p6.exe.
3. Use the Extract command (Actions menu) to extract all files to a temporary folder. You can use the New Folder button to create a new temporary folder.
4. Find the temporary folder using the Windows File Explorer and then double-click the file Setup.exe to run the installation.
5. When the installation is complete, you may remove the temporary folder and its contents.
|Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 2:58 pm: |
I had the same problem trying to install version 2.4, except that the file quoted was C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WZSE2.TMP\data1.cab
Your instructions for working round this with v1.6 worked also with my 2.4 version, but it would be nice to know what caused the problem.
|Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 11:54 pm: |
I'm glad you had success with this workaround. A variation on this workaround is described in Trouble report 63.
I agree that it would be nice to know what caused the problem. I have investigated it, but without a great deal of success.
The problem appears to have something to do with using a WinZip self-extracting archive for software installation. Under some circumstances that I have been unable to pinpoint, WinZip apparently decides to delete the files before the Setup program completes.
When I looked into this problem, I found some advice about how to create the self-extracting archive in a way that would correct this problem. However, when I tried those suggestions, the problem still seemed to exist.
The only guaranteed solution I have found is to unzip the archive manually as described in this FAQ and in Trouble report 63.
Sorry, I wish I had a better solution.