|Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 11:38 pm: |
When I go to save a project with in an existing web page I am getting a message saying the it can not loacte the file name.
I am doing everything as indicated in the instructions. Have doubled checked a few times now.
Am saving the tour in PTViewer format.
I am running 3.1 on windows XP. The web page is created in Frontpage.
Can anybody please provide some advise.
Post Number: 49
|Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 11:51 pm: |
I'll try to help, but I have several questions.
1. You wrote that you are trying to "save a project". Are you using the Save Project command or the Save Current Image As command?
2. Could you please write the exact text of the error message you are receiving?
3. Could you upload your existing web page as an attachment to the forum so that we can examine the HTML code?
Post Number: 50
|Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 10:48 am: |
Thanks for sending the information I requested (in a separate email message). You wrote:
1. I am creating the project using the wizard and then I save final image. This is where the problem surfaces. I think your problem may be because the web page you are trying to update was not written by The Panorama Factory. The Panorama Factory help says
2. Error message - Unable to find image
C:\frontpagewebs\communicae\img\hm_15.jpg in file
3. Page attached
"You can update the image only if (1) the image was put into the web page by The Panorama Factory and (2) the name of the image file is the same as the name used when you put the image into the web page."(See Updating an image previously placed in a web page by The Panorama Factory.)
The Panorama Factory uses the ID= parameter of the HTML IMG tag to recognized the image within the file. Your web page contains this HTML code:
<img src="hm_15.jpg" width="441" height="61">If The Panorama Factory had written this line of the file, it would contain this HTML code:
<img id="hm_15" src="hm_15.jpg" width="441" height="61" alt="">To update web pages written by other applications (like FrontPage), you must either add the appropriate ID= parameter or use the method described at Inserting a new image into an existing web page.
I hope this helps!